Basilio Acerete is a Senior Lecturer of Accounting at the University of Zaragoza (UZ). He has taught courses in financial economics at the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration since 2001. His PhD dissertation on Public-Private Partnerships pioneered this topic in Spain.
He has been a Visiting Researcher and Erasmus lecturer in several European universities: Manchester Business School (United Kingdom), Glasgow Caledonian University (United Kingdom), University of Edinburgh (United Kingdom.
Accounting issues of Public-Private Partnerships
Financial performance of Public-Private Partnerships
Corporate governance in Public-Private Partnerships
· Acerete, B., Mar Gasca, Stafford, A., & Stapleton, P. (2015). A comparative policy analysis of healthcare PPPs: examining evidence from two Spanish regions from an international perspective. Journal of Comparative Policy Analysis, 17(5), 502-518.(JCR Impact Factor 2014: 0.612)
· Royo, S., Yetano, A. and Acerete, B. (2014). "E-participation and environmental protection: Are local governments really committed?". Public Administration Review, Vol. 74 (1), pp. 87–98. ((JCR Impact Factor 2014: 1,973).
· Acerete, B., Stafford, A., & Stapleton, P. (2012). New development: New global health care PPP developments—a critique of the success story. Public Money and Management, 32(4), 311-314. (JCR Impact Factor 2014: 0.598)
· Acerete, B., Llena, F. and Moneva, J.M. (2011). “Environmental disclosure in financial statements: An analysis of Spanish toll motorway concessionaires”. Transportation Research Part D: transport and environment, Vol. 16, pp. 377-383. (JCR Impact Factor 2010: 1,659).
· Acerete, B., Stafford, A., & Stapleton, P. (2011). Spanish healthcare public private partnerships: The 'Alzira model'. Critical Perspectives on Accounting, 22(6), 533-549.