José Antonio Laínez is a Full Professor of the University of Zaragoza (UZ). He has taught subjects of Accounting and Finance since 1980. He is the author of many books on Accounting and Finance as well as articles published in various international journals. He is the Chief Researcher of the UZ consolidated research group “Tendencias de la Información Financiera Empresarial”.
He has been a Visiting Researcher at the School of Business and Economic Studies of the University of Leeds and at the University of Surrey in England. He has given conferences in several European and Latin-American universities as a guest lecturer.
· Information quality
· International financial information
· Corporative finances
· “The impact of IFRS on the European Union. Is it related to the accounting tradition of the countries?”. Journal of Applied Accounting Research, vol. 10, nº 1, 2009, pp. 33-55. (Coautores: S. Callao, C. Ferrer y J.I. Jarne).
· “IFRS adoption in Spain and the United Kingdom: effect on accounting numbers and relevance”. Advances in Accounting incorporating Advances in International Accounting, nº 26, 2010, pp. 304-313. (Coautores: S. Callao, C. Ferrer y J.I. Jarne).
· “Stock Price Reaction to Non-Financial News in European Technology Companies”. European Accounting Review. Vol. 20, nº 1, 2011, pp. 81-111 (Coautoras: Y. Fuertes y B. Cuellar).
· "The impact of strategic alliances on the market value of Telecommunications firms". The Journal of High Technology Management Research. Vol. 22, 2011, pp. 1-13 (Coautoras: Y. Fuertes y B. Cuellar).
TENDENCIAS EN LA INFORMACIÓN FINANCIERA Y EMPRESARIAL (TIFE)